2022 Open Door Scholarship
At Chad Jones Law, we see firsthand the effects an injury has on individuals and the perseverance they show along their recovery process. It is common for victims of an injury to feel a sense of hopelessness, but as time passes, people realize they are capable of more than they could ever imagine, and new potential unfolds. After years of being in this work, we continue to be inspired by the individuals who overcame injuries and the doors they opened up along the way. For that reason, we are proud to announce our Open Door Scholarship!
As humans, we are capable of much more than we give ourselves credit. We believe that when we experience a life-changing event or decision, our bodies’ instincts take over, and we somehow ‘know’ what to do. For this scholarship, walk us through a time in your life when you had been faced with a life-changing choice or opportunity. How did you know which decision to make, and what doors opened/ opportunities presented after you made this decision?
Once all submissions have been received, the entries will be reviewed, and one student will be selected to receive a $1,000 award. The award will be given to the person who best discusses the choices or thought process they have when a new opportunity presents itself.
Please see our previous scholarship recipients here.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school seniors, first-year college students, and college sophomores residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled and/or accepted for the upcoming 2023 Spring semester.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The candidate must submit a 750 – 1,000 word essay response to the prompt: Discuss a time when you had been faced with a life-changing choice or an opportunity. How did you know which decision to make, and what new doors opened because you made this decision?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their professional and academic experience.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school and the most recent official transcript from their prior school.
- High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The 2022 Open Door Scholarship recipient will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Students should send scholarship applications with the subject line “Chad Jones Law – 2022 Open Door Scholarship Application.