College Station Highway Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucks are susceptible to many types of accidents, often caused or worsened by traveling at high speeds. Truck drivers, by law, must obey speed limits, road signs, and directions. Speeding in any vehicle can cause an accident, but when driving a big truck, it is easier to total a car, injure the passengers, or even lose cargo. This is what causes highway truck wrecks to be so damaging.
Chad Jones Law, P.C. is dedicated to protecting victims of highway truck wrecks and giving them the representation that they deserve. Accident victims, including those involved in truck accidents, deserve compensation for the pain they’ve had to endure at the hands of another driver’s negligence. Our College Station highway truck accident lawyers can take your case to trial and work tirelessly for justice on your behalf.
Causes of Highway Truck Wrecks
Truck accidents on highways can happen in several different ways. Due to their size, trucks can be difficult for inexperienced drivers to maneuver, especially when making wide turns or merging. Some drivers are negligent, disobeying the rules of the road (and/or federal trucking laws), and driving without the proper amount of rest, or while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Other causes include:
- Distracted driving: texting, eating, drinking, grooming, or talking on the phone are forms of distracted driving that can easily lead to an accident.
- Not maintaining a vehicle: this can result in things such as a tire blowout. Trucks that do not meet safety standards are incredibly dangerous to others on the road.
- Substances: In Texas, the BAC limit for commercial drivers is lower than that for the general population. A driver can be arrested for driving intoxicated and putting others at risk. Drug use while driving is also prohibited.
- Speeding: The sheer size of a truck increases the chance of fatalities and catastrophic damage at high speeds.
- Inexperienced drivers: Lack of training behind the wheel makes it more dangerous for inexperienced drivers to make long trips alone. Inexperienced drivers do not have the skillset of a trained driver, which can easily lead to crashes.
An attorney in College Station could determine how to best prepare a claim for damages based on the cause of their highway truck accident.
Speak with a College Station Highway Truck Accident Attorney
At Chad Jones Law, P.C., we take every factor of a collision into consideration, and we leave no stone unturned when it comes to finding evidence that can back your claim and help us recover the compensation you deserve. Some of the repercussions may include loss of wages due to missed work, the detriment to physical and mental health, and/or an inability to use your vehicle due to damages. The impact this suffering causes on a truck accident victim can leave them and their loved ones devastated. That’s why you deserve a skilled College Station highway truck accident lawyer on your side.